Friday, July 29, 2011

Le Parc de la Vanoise

On our second night in Chamonix, it began raining really hard and it did not stop until the end of the next day... We had decided to head to the Parc de la Vanoise and to first spend the night in Bourg St Maurice at a campground. We even went to Italy for 30 minutes since we chose the fast way through the Tunnel du Mont-Blanc. An 11 kilometer long tunnel... that's quite something. The tunnel was the only dry place of the day though...

On July 14, we went closer to the entrance of the Parc de la Vanoise with very low clouds preventing us to see any views. The village of Champagny en vanoise was the perfect place to spend the night after our first hike in the parc: we got to see marmottes, deers and beautiful flowers and I was quite a good hiker again.

On July 15, our last day in the Alps, the clouds moved away and we were able to do a last hike on the beautiful and challenging trail that leads to Col de la Vanoise.
This time I decided to be in the pack. That is, until lunch time when the parents decided to stop near a little creek. I had of course a lot of energy to spend so I kept jumping from one rock to the other and inevitably, I fell in the cold water with my socks and shoes of course. Oups...

When we made it to the top, I got a little attitude sickness so Papa walked down fast to get me to feel better. An hour later I was my usual silly self...
Well, it was time to wrap up and head back to Brittany where we had two full days of rain but it was still fun. I discovered Maman's stash of legos for when she was little and I loved playing with them...

After a night in a hotel in Rennes, we were back at the airport and back in the plane where you won't believe what movie was on: "CARS"! I had been wanting to see that movie for so long. It was great!
29 hours of travel and we were back home with one week to go before my birthday!

No comments :