Friday, July 29, 2011

En route vers les Alpes

On July 5 we borrowed Yves and Françoise's camping car and we headed towards the Alps on the 6th.
I LOVED the camping car.
We stopped in Beaune for the first night and it was the beginning of plenty of nights where I did not go to bed before 10:30pm or so because there was always so much to do or see.
On the 7th, we made it to the Alps by 2:00pm and I did my first hike at the Col de la Colombière. We then zoomed to Les Contamines Montjoie to see our friends and spend a great evening with them.
We parked the camping car next to a river and I nearly got to spend the might outside of the camping car since I was quite tired by the time we were ready for bed ( 11:00pm!) and since I am also in a phase where I love pushing the limits... After a while it seemed like the parents were less and less patient with me. I wonder why? I mean, I was just ignoring their requests and waiting way past the 1,2,3 count down before reacting to their commands. Is that really a reason to get on my case?

But I also was really nice at times and on day 2 at the Contamines, I hiked to Aiguille Croche and met some very friendly goats. One of them ended up following me and somebody had to take it away back to it's herd otherwise I think it would have followed me to the camping car... It sure was a cute goat though.

On day 3, we hiked to Le Truc where Maman had often gone with Papi and Mamie. We got a great lunch at the refuge and got to hear all the cows with their bells. I was also lucky to meet newly born calves.

No comments :