Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Sad day for trees

Parents are interesting creatures. Take mine for example. They get all bent out of shape if I get too much paper out of the roll when I am on the toilet. Granted, I love unrolling that stuff and making a mess out of it but still. I always get the big lecture about how paper is made out of trees and how I am not supposed to waste paper because, get that, we don't want to kill too many trees and blah, blah, blah...
So this morning, imagine my surprise when Maman excitedly extracted me from the comfort of my bed to tell me that today is tree cutting day. Yes, that's right. We are not talking about a few sheets of toilet paper here, we are talking 3 full grown trees on the side of the house.
Sure it was exciting to see the guys climb those trees ( I think I got some great ideas) and the crashing and grinding of branches and all was fun for sure. But really, I am getting mixed messages here.
Now, I am just waiting for my next opportunity to unroll that toilet paper: I am ready with my speech if they even attempt to tell me about killing trees.

Note from the Maman: hum, yeah, ok, well, humm. See, those trees were really hugging the house a little too much and clogging the gutters and all and... we will plant some more, 'kay?

No comments :