Monday, October 12, 2009

Reading with Papa

My first language is French but for those of you who were beginning to doubt it, here is a little video that shows that English is a close second.
I am into trains right now. Big time. I am trying to get the parents to buy me some but it does not seem to work. As a matter of fact, here is a discussion I had with Maman after reviewing my Thomas the train booklet for the 15th time ( translated from French):
- Maman, I want to buy all the trains in the brochure.
- Oh, really.
- Yes. Ok, let's go to the store.
- We need money to buy all those though; do you have money?
Goes to his toy cash register and comes back:
- I want to buy all the trains.
- Well, I don't have the money. To get money you need to work.
Looking at me as I am cleaning dishes:
- Maman is working.
- Yes, but that's the kind of work where you don't get money. Papa gets money when he works and I do too when I go to school.
- Maman, I want a job to have money.

Well, I did not find a job so I'll have to be happy with just two engines and some tracks, and all the stories and books I can get about trains. The one that Papa is reading is from the library and this is the second time I borrow it. You will see that I have had Papa read it to me quite a bit.
It is not the entire story; Maman made some cut, otherwise it would have been an 11 minute video. Oh and, if you think I speak funny, that's because the video was taken yesterday and my nose is still quite plugged from my cold.
Enjoy!

PS: maman thinks that I have quite an accent in English. What do you think?

3 comments :

Mommy said...

King Noah, I love trains too! My favorite train book is Two Little Trains by Margaret Wise Brown. If you are ever in the neighborhood, please drop in and play trains with me. I do not have all the trains in the brochure either, but I have a Grammy who likes to spoil me rotten, so they may be here by Christmas - mwahaha!

pityskitten said...

Yes I would say he has a accent when he speaks in English! He just seems to get bigger and cuter every time I see him. What a smart little boy he is!

Uncle Dany said...

Pityskitten dit que Noah a un accent quand il parle en anglais. Je dis qu'il a également un accent américain quand il parle en français !!
Finalement ce gamin est extraordinaire, il réussi à mixer 2 cultures dans chacune de ses expressions orales. Great !