Thursday, August 2, 2018

June 2018

That's it: end of elementary school, time to graduate! It all began 8 years ago!


I am just as silly now, I have added some inches to my height, lost some teeth, made tons of new brain connections ( some great, some, not so much), made friends, tested the limits, pushed some boundaries but always happy and joyful ( that's if the Ps let me do whatever I want... which is getting harder to achieve nowadays...).

I had a great year in 5th grade, tons of projects and fun activities; just wish I could have done more what I really wanted to do and less of the non fun stuff... like singing in front of an audience the day of graduation: who thought this would be thrilling to do? Papa's arm had to reach so high that it was shaking all over the place so after stabilizing the video, the quality is not so great.


Now for some pictures...










Then came time to pack my bags to head to Paris with all my friends. I was EXCITED but also a bit nervous about staying two weeks with another family: although we had done a few Skype sessions ahead of time and my correspondent and I hit if off right away.
First it was time to board the plane and leave all the parents behind: there were some tears... on the parents' part! We were 27 total and those are the pictures of my teacher who was in charge of 7 of us.



The entire trip was a great experience and I was super lucky to be with a family that welcomed me very warmly and who managed to survive my weirdness and did not quick me out before it was time to go. THANK YOU to them and MERCI to T. who was a great correspondent to have. We had many late nights having fun in the bedroom and many memorable pillow fights. Hopefully we can get back to pillow fights one day when he comes here!
Here they are ( minus N., big sister), welcoming me as the bus arrived after the long trip to the city of lights. They did not have far to go since their apartment is just across the street from the school! Quite a change for me since it takes between 25 to 35 minutes to drive to school here.
Thanks to the teachers and thanks to T's parents, we have many pictures of the trip. And here they are in a video that is more about snapshots of kids than of sites in Paris but it was all about the experience of being away from home for 2 weeks.


No comments :