Monday, October 19, 2015

Backtracking

This is going to be a long post with plenty of pictures and videos and it's a little bit overdue since it's about Summer 2015. Yes. 4 months ago already is when it all began!

THE WEDDING

First was my Cousin Céline's wedding and that was 2 days of much fun! I was a little overwhelmed by the crowd for sure and resorted to hiding in odd places but in the end, I also joined the fun.
So, let's PARRR-TY!




















BRITTANY

Then Maman and I spent time with Papi and Mamie and we explored things around in beautiful Brittany











  I got a tuba for my birthday from Papi and Mamie and I loved it! I had to wear it right away and try it right away...










PARIS

Then it was time to take the TGV again and head to Paris where Papa joined us. It felt like Fall in Paris but we got to see all I wanted. Maman could not wait to escape from the super packed tourist place that is Paris at the end of July!
I even got to celebrate my birthday there and THAT, was cool!

Our Airbnb was quite nice and spacious and Noah's room was in the library corner: how fitting!

 Jardin du Luxembourg
 Les catacombes: 3 hours of wait! THREE! And not that great if you want my opinion but impressive. It sure was a long wait that tested my patience...




 Notre Dame



 Cemetery of Père Lachaise: I managed to get lost in there and scared my Parents quite a bit...


 Le sacré coeur


Tour en bateau mouche... Tour on the Seine river on a super chilly July day!


And of course, the piece of resistance for me: Ze Tour Eiffel! It looks crooked like my teeth on this first picture!







And to conclude our Paris trip, special breakfast and dinner out!







THE ALPS

The last part of our trip took us to the Alps. We first stopped at Maman's friends' house and we had two fun days and ate very yummy food and cheese of course!







Then it was time to explore another part of the parts and to my cousins' house we went. They were leaving for a month so they invited us to stay at their place. Having them around would have been more fun but we still managed to have a great time. Here they are, after we dropped them off at the station:

So what did we do there? Hikes? Sure we did some hikes but, hey, I have small legs and sure those legs are made for walking, but I never said I liked walking. Yes, I can jump for a long time on the trampoline and I can spend hours in the pool, but walking does something weird to my legs: it makes them tired...

But here are more pictures and it was hard to choose out of the hundreds we have. Take the time to look at the video too to see the moving action!

We had a pretty bad weather in Brittany and in Paris and also a few days in the Alps. But then, it got super nice and it was great not only in order to be outside but because the Alps without the view, well, it's not quite the Alps.


PARC DE MERLET - This is an animal park with animals from the region. We saw a lot of wildlife and those animals sure have an unbeatable view!







SIXT FER À CHEVAL: 
Another great place with a hike in a canyon so it is mainly flat. I still complained a lot though. I complained a lot less on the way back because we had left Papa who was hiking a little further and Maman said we could get ice cream if we made it back to the car before Papa. Suddenly my legs were fine!


 GRANDES PLATIÈRES: To get to this hike, you take a telecabin that takes you high on the mountain. From there, you can walk but have to be careful as this is mainly rocks and crevasses. But this is the kind of terrain my legs enjoy. And whow, the view of Mont-Blanc!




 I am pointed to where we started and to where we were hiking back to catch the cabin down.

LE GRAND BORNANT: A little town that we enjoyed visiting on a very hot day. Our feet in the river and having a lazy but beautiful day.



SUMMER LUGE- ORANGE STATION 
This one you can see better in the movie. I guess the Ps were nice enough to take me to fun places like this place with a Summer luge. Fun... I was still too small in height to go on my own.



 ANNECY: Yes, you can swim in lakes and the Lac d'Annecy is a good one for that, especially in the very, very hot weather for that day. Annecy is a beautiful town but it was packed with Summer people and cars. It felt weird after being in the solitude of nature and we were in a hurry to go back to our host house.


AT THE HOUSE
Sometimes we just stayed at the house because it has such a beautiful setting and many fun things for me to do while the Ps were gardening a bit.











No comments :