Monday, March 7, 2011

Fish... and Luge

I went to see the documentary Deep Sea at the Omnimax a few weeks ago. It was quite fascinating and I learned even more about what happens in the deep ocean.
Towards the end of the documentary, they explain how we, humans, are not having the best impact on oceans and, as a matter of fact, they said that we are responsible for the disappearance of some species. That is when, in the theater, I exclaimed out loud: "This is sad, this is very sad".

So the other day, when we were having dinner, here is a dialogue we had with Maman:
- Mmm, Tuna is delicious. I like tuna.
- Well, tuna might not like you and there is another big fish that does not like us.
- The shark? yeah, because he eats tuna. But we can leave some for him. Or I can get other fishes, some that would like to be "ate"( eaten).
- You really think that there are fish that like to be eaten.
- No.... And I am going to say to the fishermen not to fish tuna anymore. I will go in the sea and I will say: stop fishing tuna and I will not eat fish anymore. No ( crosses fingers in form of an x in front of his face).
I can get rice and bean because they make me strong too. ( he wants to say that it's a protein too).

.... Ok , sliding on to another subject now...
We went back to Bend for a very fun week-end where I got to play with my friends and where I also enjoyed more snow time. This time my friends lent us two different slides and I had a lot of fun. See for yourselves...

1 comment :

Mommy said...

King Noah, I have a link for you. This guide will tell you which fish you can still enjoy without hurting our oceans (or becoming a vegan). http://www.montereybayaquarium.org/cr/cr_seafoodwatch/download.aspx