Saturday, January 15, 2011

An event worth recording.

A coloring you say? Big deal you say again?
Well, for me it is. I have been in contact with crayons, markers and coloring material for as long as I can remember and yet those things have always left me cold. Plus, I had too much to do with my trains and trucks and books and puzzles.
Maman has been trying to show me how cool coloring and drawing could be; I would sometimes humor her by scribbling a few lines on a piece of paper but in fact i had absolutely no interest in it.
Then, last week, I was in Maman's office, looking at a workbook she has for school. It had some math coloring exercises where, if you color the addition facts the right way, you get a nice picture in the end. Well, that's what I wanted to do. Maman kept telling me it would be too hard but I insisted. I compromised a little by agreeing to do a coloring with a coding that would be more appropriate for my age group.
Maman was doubtful that this would last more than 2 minutes. She was wrong. I colored 20 minutes in a row, barely going outside the lines. I took a little break and came back to it and finished the whole thing.
Sure there are tons of better accomplishments out there, some that are even actually useful, but still, Maman and Papa were impressed so we decided to record the event... just in case i don't ever want to do it again :)

No comments :