Thursday, August 4, 2016

July...

June seemed to never come to an end... well, the end of school I mean and now, suddenly, it is already August... Over a month of vacation vanished, just like that.
Ok, it turns out that I did quite a bit during the last month: let's roll down the scroll of souvenirs...

I got to see Tina and my sister and we had a fun day at the pool: no pics because, well, between my antics and my little-fish wanna be sister, two adults were barely enough to contain us with their hands so no cameras allowed! But Maman still managed a few pics during lunch:





I also got an early birthday gift: Thanks Tina and Lily!



Papa invited us to a work party on the river and we went paddle boarding since it was the first real hot day of the Summer. Fun!




Soon it was time to pack for our 2nd big trip of the Summer: to Bend we went. We don't pack really light: although, when you plan on hiking, fishing, canoeing, swimming, bike riding and running ( that last one is Papa only), you have to have quite a bit of gear. Plus, we bring all our meals so it takes some room. And where was I while it was time to pack? Yup, reading.





Day 1- Hike to the top of Paulina Creek. I complained on the way up ( it was steep) but went down fine. Nearly 7 miles that day and for my reward, time in the pool!














Day 2- Canoeing at Elk Lake + Fishing + Playing. We met our friends at the lake and had a fun day relaxing but also canoeing. I also had my first experience with fishing with another early bday present I got from Papa. No luck that day but I threw the line very well.










Day 3- Bike riding in Sunriver. It was 90 degrees that day so quite hot for bike riding. I complained quite a bit for the first part but after lunch, I rode with more enthusiasm. What can I say? When I know we are on our way back I suddenly find my legs... plus there was swimming after that and ICE CREAM! YouHou!







Day 4- I am 9, I am 9: it was MY day. Gifts, relaxing, reading, swimming and fishing AND getting the meal of my choice: milk shake, hamburger and fries and ice cream: heaven!



















Day 5 - Papa left for the Cascade Relay race and Maman and I hiked along Tumalo Creeek for nearly 7 miles on another very hot 94 degree day. We cooled of in the pool and then I got to ride a horse: thanks Ruby and Sarah! It was a fun evening.









Day 6 - Papa was finishing his race so we rode our bikes along the river for a while and then met the champion at the finish line: Papa's team finished first in their division and 5th overall out of 215 teams. Go Papa! 12 runners in the team, 216 miles, 27 hours 20 minutes.


Day 7 - Time to pack and go but we stopped at the pond for a last try at fishing and, oh boy, in 15 minutes I caught 2 trouts! Soooooo excited! We had them for dinner the next day and they were super good with silvered almonds and lemon! On the road back home we stopped for our picnic lunch at another beautiful place.










To conclude, Maman put together bits and pieces of videos from this past month: she keeps them, not for the quality, but for the sound bites!

This week I am at camp but the week after that, we head to Montana so come back to the blog for more pics!

No comments :