Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Away from School in October

The weather has changed and it definitely feels like Fall now.
For my week off from school, we decided to go to Depoe Bay on the Pacific Coast.

I am of course being a pain in the derriere as usual: Ha, the P's thought it would be relaxing for them! Come on, they should know that they could count on me to keep them entertained.

Sure they entertain me too but I think it's my job to not make things too easy for them.
But here are some pics of our little trip:

- Enjoying a snack on the deck while watching the sun set. 

 On day 3 of our trip, snack on the deck: not such a good idea:
- Reading and playing games.


- Making up stories with Maman about what we saw in the clouds: do you see the man with the long nose? What about the cat lying down on the second picture? We had fun making up what had happened.


- Walking on the beach; from what I have been told, Papa told me not to walk too far next to the water since the tide was coming in. Listening is not my strongest skill though so right after the second picture was taken a wave sneaked fast towards me and before you know it I was flat on the ground soaked from head to toe, the inside of my boots making a nice sloshing sound after that. I still walked an hour after that though.









- At the condo, after a fun pool swim time with the Ps, Maman and I worked on  paper origami. My brain got really tired... it seems that anytime I need to work with my hands rather than my head, I get tired.
Well, I am happy to talk more about what I made but why don't you watch the video to see for yourself. Oh, and there might be a part about me singing on the beach. There was so much wind that you cannot hear anything... and Maman says it might be better... being appropriate is, again, not my forte.



- Going to Depoe Bay and missing the aquarium in Newport would be a shame. So we drove to the aquarium. I was about 4 the last time I went there. I probably ran through the aquarium that time, barely stopping to see any fish or ocean creatures. I had been so excited to go but was more impressed by buttons and displays. But, that was 3 years ago so, of course, things were very different this time around: first I am taller, making it easier to reach the buttons; I run faster and I have added to my vocabulary so now I can look at a fish, stick my tongue at it and say " Hey big farting fish."
See, much better. And, come on, once you have one fish, you have seen them all right?
 Fishing fake fish with Papa. Yes, the fake fish were FUN.
 Kissing a jelly fish


 No. It's not a tantrum: I am looking down to try to spot what was swimming over my head...






Whale watching and getting soaked with waves:
On the last day, the skies cleared a little and I went for a walk in the village. Ok, well, Maman forced me to go on a walk because, really, who wants to go for walks E-VE-RY day!
Sure, once again, I was glad I went... I saw whales, yes, whales! and with the waves hitting the rocks and the jetty, it was a cool spectacle.








No comments :