Monday, September 22, 2014

Last days of Summer

Nearly a month ago, it was time to wrap up Summer vacation with a week at the zoo.
Now, it is already the beginning of Fall and school is back in session.

Who invented homework is my question. I mean, come on; isn't it hard enough to have to go through hours of boredom at school but it has to carry into the evening, into MY free time.
Although I cannot really say that it is cutting down on my screen time because, well, let's say I have not been near any screen in a loooooooonnnnnnggggg time... and not on my own volition if you know what I mean.

Luckily, Papa has taken me camping two times during the past 4 weeks, giving Maman some "well deserved respite". I don't know what she means by that. Sure I am 2 handfuls and a half but she should be used to it by now, right?

My first trip was at Lost Lake and the second was in the Gorges. Both week-ends were hot and sunny and I really enjoyed the experience. Sure I mainly go because of the camp fire, the marshmallows, staying up late and reading books in the tent, but I like it! Why hike around, explore, look for animals and see scenery when you can just read a good book...

Other than camping, I have also enjoyed school in 2nd grade. I told Maman that it was so boring but that I like that because then I can escape in my mind and "lounge around".
There are many things I try to do to make the school experience less boring: I often have requests for my hair in the morning and this is how I ended up going with a Mohawk last week.
I keep wanting to have Maman stick up my hair a certain way or draw scars all over my neck and face but she is not very cooperative about that.

Well, enjoy the pics and let's all dive into Fall!

























 

No comments :