Monday, February 3, 2014

Judo-ka

I have been doing Judo for 5 months now and you know what? I like it.
I actually signed up for the 2nd semester which is a sure sign that I indeed like it.

Our judo teacher could not make it for one of the classes at school so she offered us a make up session at her judo club.
There will be an Olympian there, she said. You will be observing practice for a while then you will go join, she said.
And you know what I thought? No way am I going to go there. I will get beaten up by the guy. I am good at Judo but, come on.
My mom is stubborn though and every time I said I would not go, she would say "Of course we will go!".
So Saturday morning, with my Gi on, I was dragged to the place. Oh, by the way, did you know that the judo GI used to be what Samourais wore as underwear? Hey, I learned that with Julie, my Judo teacher.
Nothing like a underwear story to get me going!

Anyway, back to Saturday.
It turned out that only 3 students from the school showed up and there were 4 adult Judokas and for a guy that did not want to go, let me tell you that I had a blast!
Maman says that the guys I was throwing down on the mat let themselves fall. I am not buying that. I am just good and she is not seeing it.
Well, see for yourselves on the video!








No comments :