Saturday, August 31, 2013

End of Summer...

It had to happen. It is the end of freedom and in a few more days it will be back to sch..., hum, schoo.. hum, I cannot say it.
But, it's in a few more days so let's talk about all the fun I had during the rest of Summer.

Papa took me camping to Wallowa Lake where we met Grandpa and Grandma. They were camping during the day with us and sleeping in a motel at night. I was so excited about going camping and it was as much fun as I thought it would be.
We had a great spot with view on the lake.
I did explore the lake... just a little bit, just to try to get my boat floating.
It did not quite work as I expected but the scenery was sure beautiful.
What I really, really wanted to do though was mini-golf! Yes, we traveled for 7 hours, we found a cool spot in the beautiful nature but what I wanted was mini-golf. So every body obliged.

But camp life was also great, especially when everybody is wither cooking, washing dishes or cutting wood and I am, well, I am chilling.
 

To be fair though, everybody was chilling. We worked on crossword puzzles,
We went for a hike...
And the bestest times were at night when the fire was going and I could roast my marshmallows or roast a stick until it burned so I could write with it. Fun stuff, fun stuff!
The good thing about the active life of camping, the being outside all day is that you sleep sooo good.
And too soon it was time to head home for some more relaxing time. Relaxing time for me but not for Grandpa and Grandma. See there was a big fire that came super close to their house and it was quite scary. Sadly, 5 homes got burned down but luckily theirs did not but as you can see on the pictures, it was indeed really close.



I was barely back home that my cousin came for 3 days and we sure had fun together. From chasing each other with water guns at the splash park, to going to the zoo, we had some good laugh.
And for the rest of the month, between bike rides,visits to OMSI, and hikes, including this one up to Multnomah Falls, it really felt like Summer.

And for the last week of the month, another exciting adventure: zoo camp! Maman asked me why I love zoo camp so much; I told her about the cool rules like rule number 3: Have fun! Maman told me that it could be a cool rule to share with my 1st grade teacher. I looked at her like she lost her mind or something and told her that there was no way: you don't have fun at school, come on.
She then kept asking about other things I really liked better about zoo camp. Without hesitation I said: Freedom. At camp, you are free!

Maman sighed: she thinks I have a pretty sad outlook about school and it's probably going to be another wild ride in 1st grade.

I'll let you with a picture of Papa ready to go for a bike ride. See, he is wearing the jersey we got him in Birttany. Cool hein!





No comments :