Sunday, February 12, 2012

I am 4 and a half... 4 ans et demi


Bonjour,

Well I have been 4 and a half for 2 full weeks now but, you know how it is around here: there never seem to be enough time in the day and even less for the blog.
But, here I am on my way to being 5 in less than 6 months and today, I wanted to share some of what makes me ME.
A typical day at home, you will find that after my big breakfast, I go upstairs with the intent of getting dressed. I usually get side tracked and my parents find me 2 hours later, usually butt naked, with my books all around me. I sometimes laugh out loud when reading. Yes, sometimes I laugh because of the pictures but also because of what I read. See, I began reading in French and in English and it's now much more fun to be with my books as I can figure out on my own what they are saying. I am certainly not fluent but I do manage to surprise my parents when I tell them what the story is about. The other day I was asking Maman why pollen can be bad for you; sure enough Maman found a documentary in my bedroom opened at a page that talked about how pollen can be bad for some people  and causes allergies.
But, with or without reading myself, I LOVE books. I usually immerse myself into the storyline and become one of the main character. I become a "Schtroumpf"(or Smurf as you know them), or I am Calvin or Piccolo and so on. And then I always make Maman be one of the characters too. So it's not surprising to hear me call her "Grand Schtroumpf", or Hobbes, or Flûte. And I usually prefer if she calls me back with the name of the character I represent.

With Maman, we spend a lot of time in the car; an average of 1 hour and 15 minutes a day. We are soon going to have expired all the audio-books from the school library or from the town's library. I very much enjoy listening to all those stories. We have gone through all the Magic Tree house collection, Misses Piggle Wiggle, The mouse and the motorcycle, and many more in French.
And then, one day, Maman borrowed Piccolo, Saxo & Cie from the school's library. It's a French story and I fell totally in love with it. Actually I was quite obsessed with it. It has been a month now and I am still as emotional as the first time I heard the story when the main character is having a problem. I cry each time.
It was quite difficult for Maman to find the DVD that goes with the storyline as it was not available anymore. She finally found it on ebay and it came all the way from Thailand... For $11, it was worth the wait.
I also love the song and have been singing it non stop. But, if you want me to read for the camera or sing for the camera, you'd better be ready to bribe me. That's exactly what Maman had to do to get me to sing for you. She had to say that she would let me watch the Piccolo movie right after. Ah! I only share my talent for reward!
Well, that;s about it for today. My report card came home this week-end. Apparently, I don't mind reading but I find it extremely painful to hold a pen and write or draw... It looks like I have to make progress in those areas. Oh, and both my French and English teachers seem to think that I like to be silly and a joker a little bit too much. I say to them: life is too short to be taken seriously.
Enjoy the video!
Noah











No comments :